Tuesday 4 January 2011

A new addition to my (small) camera collection.


My sister's very generous friend has given me even more photography goodies, including one of these Baldixette cameras. It's medium format, German, was made in 1956 and I like it a lot. It's got two apertures; f9 and f16, two shutter speeds; 1/60 and bulb and three focus lengths. Also it's very purdy. And the photos are 6x6.

I've been wanting to try out a medium format camera for a while so I'm really happy I've got this now. The other goodies I was given are a big bag of film (colour, b&w, 120, 35mm, various ISOs, expired and new) which is great because black and white film was also on my lengthy shopping list, and some books on developing and lith printing which will definitely come in handy since she also gave me almost everything I need to set up my own dark room. Happy happy.

Here are some photos I found on Flickr that were taken with this camera.



openspace02s by Jacob Schere

Found photo and amazing coincidence by RaúlM. 

Beach houses @ IJmuiden by Jelle Knüppe

4 comments:

  1. hey there!!
    thanks for finding my images on flickr.

    one thing with my baldixette is you have to be careful
    about the loading of the film. i had a roll come back all
    scratched from the working of the camera.

    but, it gets some great images, and looks so fresh.

    www.lucidcommunication.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. :) Nice photos, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, i have recently purchased a baldixette 1 and it's my first medium format camera, I have no idea how to load he film, I could really use some help! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) I'm ashamed to say I haven't actually got round to using this camera yet so I can't really help! Sorry, I hope you can figure it out soon.

      Delete