Monday 4 April 2011

TTV (Through the Viewfinder)

For anyone that doesn't know, TTV/Through the Viewfinder photography is when you take a photo with one camera through the viewfinder of another, normally twin-lens reflex cameras. (Through the Viewfinder wikipedia page)

I'd wanted to try it since my sister told me about it almost four years ago but didn't ever think I'd really get the chance because I didn't think I'd have access to the twin lens reflex camera, even though I do know now that they're relatively cheap on eBay (I don't use eBay though, and I think that if I started I would buy wayyyy too much, especially when it comes to photography related stuff). I did look at some fake TTV photoshop tutorials though, and made some TTV-looking photos like this one of Vicar's Close in Wells:



However, my photography teacher clearly does use eBay because she bought a lovely Kodak Duaflex for around £15 some time ago and I finally got chance to play with it today.

 
Kodak Duaflex, © Colin J Clarke (photo links to source)

So here are a few of my first attempts at TTV photography, I'd like to bring the camera home so I can take photos of more interesting things, other than what's in the photography studio/what I can take in there.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shots, I love the one with the mannequins :)

    ReplyDelete