Friday 20 May 2011

Praktica MTL 5


I got this lovely camera from my grandad, along with some other photography stuff such as film, it must've been about a year ago at least. It needs a new battery for the light meter but it's impossible to open it up to get it out, so I'd never really tried to actually use it properly.


Anyway I finally decided I would so I printed off an exposure chart for guidelines on what settings would be best for the weather and went out to start the test roll this morning. Although I found it difficult to load (someone really needs to make a video of how to do it properly and put it on youtube - even the instructions people have written confuse me too easily because it's different to any camera I've loaded before), it all seems to be working well so I should hopefully get some nice photos back once I've finished the roll.


To make things easy for myself I made a note of what settings I'd used on each shot so I can see how they come out when I get the roll developed. I wanted to write them somewhere where I'd remember them and not throw them away, and then I remembered I have these really nice Cath Kidston notebooks that I got as a Christmas present from my nan...

No comments:

Post a Comment