Monday 6 June 2011

The Bluetones at Wychwood Festival

Saturday was the start of the long string of Bluetones gigs me and my sister have plans to go to. They were on at Wychwood Festival in Cheltenham right by where my sister lives when she goes to uni so that was nice and convenient.

It took me ages to decide which cameras to take, but in the end I decided on my trusty Nikon D40 because I couldn't find anything that said they wouldn't be allowed at the festival. I also took my Olympus Trip 35 loaded with 400 ISO film in case it was darker than I'd expected. I was also considering taking my Praktica MTL-5 that I just started using despite the light meter not working, but decided it'd be too fiddly and heavy to take.

All of those turned out to be good decisions in the end because first we saw Oly Ralfe from Ralfe Band (which was magical as expected) in the cinema tent so my Trip was hand then because of it being quite dark. I should have those developed some time soon because I also used the film for when we saw Magnum in April.

The Bluetones were then on in the main stage at around 8pm so it was still nice and light and the sun was setting, as shown by this photo I took a little while before the Bluetones were on:


and also shown by this photo Scott Morriss of The Bluetones took while on stage: (we're in it at the front)


Obviously this meant lovely conditions for photographing, so I waited until the actual photographers with photo passes had gone to take my own. I'm unbelievably happy with the photos I got, since the light was so good and I had a good view of them from the front, (as usual) and because I've really wanted to get some good ones before the sad, sad end in September. So here are my favourites, and the rest of the best ones are viewable on my Flickr.





No comments:

Post a Comment